- Capital – Yaoundé
- Population – 20 million
- Government – Republic and the President – Paul Biya
- Life expectancy – 54 years
- The literacy rate of Cameroon was estimated to be 67.9% (2009). Cameroon has one of the highest school attendance rates in Africa.
- The quality of health care is generally low. Outside the major cities, facilities are often dirty and poorly equipped. Endemic diseases include dengue fever, malaria, meningitis and sleeping sickness.
- Cameroon takes 18th place in the world regarding the rate of maternal deaths. 600 women of 100,000 die during the child birth.
- 48 proc. of population are below poverty line.
Famous people from Cameroon
- Manu Dibango is a world renown Cameroon – born musician. His works was even plagiarized by Micheal Jackson, the King of pop.
- Issa Hayatou – Vice president of FIFA World Soccer body – is from Cameroon.
- Cameroonian Samuel Eto’o Fils – World best striker. Currently playing in Italy for Inter Millian.
- Roger Milla – World legendery soccer striker. He was born in the Cameroonian capital of Yaoundé.
Cameroon in pictures: